SANTOSHA BUSH YOGA RETREAT
26-28 OCTOBER 2012
Surrender to the sacred power of nature
This retreat is set in the mountainous bush of the Magaliesburg – this extraordinary environment is therapy in itself for body mind and soul.
The Magaliesburg lies at the heart of a beautiful region of mountains (the oldest on earth). It is a tranquil haven of rivers, valleys and indigenous woodland.
This is a weekend for you, where you spend time away from your usual way of being and connect with the rhythm of nature. You do not need to feel obliged to chat or interact with the rest of the group. If you wish to read or to sleep or to walk or to swim – just do it. In fact the raw energy of this place might tend to draw you towards noble silence. Connect with that mysterious silence, peacefulness and emptiness, from which everything originates. On this retreat you will connect with the silence and power of mother nature.
The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit root “yug” – which means to “yoke together” (or to unite) – like one does with a span of horses to ensure that they all pull in the same direction.
This retreat will combine yoga (asanas), meditation, pranayama (breathing techniques), mindful walking/swimming (in beautiful rock pools) to bring about a deep sense of integration and sense of Self.
This retreat can only take twelve people. There are four rooms with three beds in each room. There are outdoor toilets and showers and an outdoor kitchen.
- 4 x yoga classes over weekend (vinyasa flow in morning and dynamic hatha in evenings). These classes are held on an outdoor covered deck next to a river. Here the air is charged with intensely powerful Prana.
- Pranayama (breathwork)
- Walks in nature – bring walking shoes + hat + water bottle + flashlight. However try to be barefoot as often as possible.
- Swim in beautiful rock pools (next to camp).
- Moving meditation (making the ordinary sacred).
- Breakfast lunch and dinner (light) – so as not to interfere with your practise.
- You will see nobody but the people with you on the retreat.
- Dinner around evening fire.
- Drink pristine water and breathe in beautiful mountain air.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING , TOWEL AND A BLANKET OR CUSHION FOR MEDITATION.
“Like the potter we spin, shape and fire our bodies, so that they may find their simple beauty and inner strength.”
Please arrive as early as you can, preferably before dark as cars will be left at Tejbir’s house – from there it is approximately 2km to the bush camp (however you need a 4×4 for this last stretch – if you have a 4×4 you can drive to the camp – if not Tejbir will give you a lift or you may walk.
- Dynamic hatha yoga class
- Dinner around fire
- 06.30 – walking , moving, breathing meditation.
- 07.00 – 08.30 – Vinyasa flow yoga.
- 08.30 – 09.00 – Pranayama.
- 09.00 – 09.30 – medittation.
- 09.30 – breakfast
- 12.30 – 13.00 – 5 Tibetan rites
- 13.00 – lunch
- 17.00 – 18.00 – Dynamic hatha yoga
- 18.00 – 18.15 – Pranayama
- 18.15 – 18.45 – Medittation
- 19.00 – Dinner around fire
- 06.30 – walking, moving, breathing meditation
- 07.00 – 08.15 – Yin / Yang yoga class (first half of class moves at pace – second half we will employ long holds in each asana so as to flush out toxins)
- 08.15 – 08.30 – Pranayama
- 08.30 – 09.00 – Meditation
- 09.30 – breakfast
- 12.00 – 12.30 – 5 Tibetan rites
- 13.00 – lunch
- Stay as long as you wish, before heading back home
*Please note times of schedule might adjust
Max: 12 people (first come first served)
The cost is R995 per person
50% deposit confirms your space
Please don’t forget your bedding, towel, yoga mats, water bottles, hats
Please book ASAP as space is limited
YOGA CAN BECOME A JOURNEY INTO SACREDNESS.